History

Habib Allied International Bank Plc, trading as Habib Bank UK, was incorporated in the UK in 2001.  It is a 90.5% owned subsidiary of Habib Bank Limited (HBL). The remaining 9.5% is owned by Allied Bank Limited.

The majority ownership of HBL (51%) rests with the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) which is registered in Switzerland.

HBL was the first commercial bank to be established in Pakistan in 1947.  Over the years, HBL has grown its branch network and become the largest private sector bank in Pakistan with over 1,450 branches.  HBL also has global presence through branches, subsidiaries and affiliates in 25 countries.

HBL enjoys immense brand loyalty amongst its South Asian clientele and continues to cherish its ideals that were established by its founders; Excellence, Integrity, Customer Focus, Meritocracy and Progressiveness.